There are some tools that allow us to calculate CO2, GEG, and sometimes, other pollutants emissions. These tools are useful to quantify to what extent human activities impact on the environment and on human health. Some of these tools are described above and can be downloaded from here.
- Methods for calculating the emissions of transport in the Netherlands: This report describes the methodologies, emission factors and relevant activity data that are used to calculate the emissions of environmental pollutants from mobile sources in the Netherlands. Here you can download the calculation tool and the methodologies used for calculating the emissions
- GHG emission calculator of the Generalitat de Catalunya: together with the Guide, the Calculator is the recomended tool to elaborate the GHG emissions inventory for the organizations adhering to the Voluntary GHG Emissions Reduction Agreements Program. Is a useful tool for organizations such as public administrations, companies, associatons and individuals.
- Generalitat ofCatalunya electric mix estimation: The electric mix is the value that expresses the amount of CO2 emissions associated to the generation of the electricity consumed. It can be considered an indicator of the energy source used to produce electricity. As lower the mix value, greater is the contribution of low carbon energy source.
- Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator (EPA): Did you ever wonder what reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions by 1 million metric tons means in everyday terms? The greenhouse gas equivalencies calculator can help you understand just that, translating abstract measurements into concrete terms you can understand, such as the annual emissions from cars, households, or power plants. This calculator may be useful in communicating your greenhouse gas reduction strategy, reduction targets, or other initiatives aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. See the references here.
- Calculate and compensate your CO2 emissions (CeroCO2): CeroCO2 is an iniciative launched in 2005 with the aim to propose concret actions for protecting the climate. It facilitates and promotes the involvement of all social actors. Calculate the Carbon Footprint of your entity, event, product or your daily life with CeroCO2.
- GHG emissions calculator (CIEMAT – IDAE): This tool allows to calculate real or calculated GHG emissions values at any stage of the biofuels life cycle.